My experiences sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Concepcion Chile from September 2015 through September 2017

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Count Your Blessings!

Whats up everyone? Hows it going? Things are pretty normal here which is good but nothing exciting. We have walked a lot and talked with a lot of people but haven´t been able to find too many to teach.

Osvaldo is doing great though. He went to church for the 3rd time yesterday and is doing basically everything on his own now. I have never met someone as prepared as he is to be baptized. Yesterday he told us that he was going to go bear his testimony in sacrament meeting but he didn´t. He seriously is doing so great and I am almost positive that we will have a baptism this Saturday. Great guy.

Also, we had a mini cambio this week and I went to a little town called coihueco which is right up against the mountains about 30 minutes away from Chillan. I was with another Peruvian Elder for the day and we had a good time. We argued with a group of Jehovah´s witnesses for a little while and then went to an appointment where the Lady complained that there was too much friendship in the ward and that they should be there for the gospel and nothing else. That was by far the most ridiculous thing I have heard on my mission.

As members of the church we forget all too often the blessings that we have because of this gospel and turn to complaining way too fast. I have seen that on the mission and its one thing that I never want to do myself. I want to encourage each of you to count your blessings. But not temporal blessings, spiritual blessings, that have come from the church. Whenever there happens to be a moment that you want to complain, think about that. The people of this church are not perfect, the church is. We have no reason to complain with all that we have been given.

Thats all though. Have a good week in the snow!

Love Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment