My experiences sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Concepcion Chile from September 2015 through September 2017

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The storm continues...

Hey everyone, this week was pretty good, but what I thought was the end of the storm from last week wasn't the end actually and it just kept raining and raining and never seemed to stop. Wednesday we were working and it started to rain so hard while we were walking that it was like whiteout conditions where we couldn't see 100 feet in front of us because of the rain. My supposed waterproof clothing didn't work and I ended up soaked from head to toe with my rain boots completely filled with water. That was at about 5 in the afternoon and we still had 5 more hours to work. The worst part though is that my scriptures got wet. Luckily they dried. But the damage done to my hymn book was too much. So that day we just worked soaking wet. It was a rough day and easily not one of my favorites. 

In good news we have a bunch of people progressing.   People here are doing well and we actually had Lorena and Carlos in church yesterday and it was a super good meeting so we were super happy about that. Their daughters though, Daniela and Katalina were sick though so they didn't go. But without even telling them they committed themselves to go again this next week which will be super awesome. So hopefully we can get the whole family. We found another family too this week which is really good. They are a family of four. A mom and her three kids and they are pretty good because they have some family communication issues and we are going to try and help them out. Jana was busy all week so we didn't get to visit her which stunk but its alright. And yeah the other family that we had is a mom and her two daughters who this week were showing way more interest so we are pretty excited for that! I really hope that they start to progress way more because I would love to have all of those people baptized before I leave. That will be the trick. But yeah that's about it for this week. Hope that you all have a good one!

Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment