My experiences sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Concepcion Chile from September 2015 through September 2017

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The most frustrating week of my mission!

What's up everyone? This week was really a huge letdown to be honest. We were going to have two baptisms and in the end we had none. Jerson had travel for his work to the South of Chile and couldn't get out of it and Mariela got sick and wasn't able to be baptized either. So on Thursday, right before the interviews we found both of those things out and that basically made me really frustrated. But They will be getting baptized this week so its alright. But the thing is that I wont be here to see it. Neither will my companion. There is a whitewash in our sector so two new missionaries are coming here. It makes me really worried though because I have no clue if those new missionaries are going to know what to do. It is also frustrating because I am going back to the same sector where I was born in the mission. Cerro Verde in Talcahuano Sur. I don't even know what to think. yeah it will be fun and cool but at the same time, super lame and not interesting. I am going to be companions with an Elder Alvarez and I am pretty sure that he was my roommate in The MTC but I'm not sure. If it is the same one, it is another Columbian. Two in a row.

As I have been thinking about all of the things that have happened with the baptisms and the transfers, it has made me think about the will of God and how we dont always have the same will as he does. And even sometimes we cant understand why some things happen in life. It also made me think about if I wanted those baptisms for myself or if I was looking to help those two people in their lives to be happier and come closer to Christ. It has been interesting and so I am going to try and analyze that and set the priorities straight. But hope that you all have a good week this week!

Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment