My experiences sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Concepcion Chile from September 2015 through September 2017

Monday, August 28, 2017

Coming down the home stretch!

Hey everyone hows it going this week? This week was awesome for us and the best part was that Javiera and Patricia were baptized!! It was awesome and they were both so excited for it. It was so cool to see how Javiera, the little 11 year old girl was so excited before and after. She is awesome. We gave her a book of Mormon with pictures to read and she already read like 30 pages and remembers everything. When she was telling us all about what she read her mom, Patricia was smiling and lit up. They are an awesome family and I agree that has to be the reason that I needed to stay here for two more weeks. I am glad I did in the end I had the privilege of Baptizing Javiera and Patricia, the mom, chose a member who helped us a ton during the entire process. It was awesome and the best part is that there are still two of the kids who haven't been baptized yet so my companion will have some work to do after I leave which is coming way too fast. Really the reason that Patricia got baptized in the end was because of the promise that families are eternal, temples, and the book of Mormon. The day that we confirmed her baptismal date was awesome. She started that day, without us even inviting her, to read the book of Mormon and we went with a family in the ward to the temple construction site. It was amazing to see the difference that the gospel has made in her life and the change that has made in her. Its funny to think that the day we first shared with her it was a lesson on her porch outside of her house and that she told us that day that she was Catholic and was never going to change. I like to hear people say that sometimes because now 8 weeks later and here we are haha. I am super grateful to have been able to be a part of their conversion process. It was amazing.
And now I unfortunately have only one week left before I am on the plane but I dont have to write that inspirational email to finish the mission yet. I can do that next week haha. But yeah we are doing well here. Hope you all have a good week! Thanks for all that you have done for me!

Love Elder Parker


No comments:

Post a Comment