My experiences sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Concepcion Chile from September 2015 through September 2017

Monday, November 30, 2015

First baptism!

How’s it going everyone? How was your Thanksgiving? Glad I get to email you all again and tell you about the pretty good week I had.

To start, Santos got baptized on Saturday and that was super cool. I got to baptize him which was super cool too. It is both mine and my companions first in the mission but hopefully we get to have a few more before we finish. Crazy to think that only about a month ago, we were going to drop him as an investigator because he was never progressing. Blessings.

the guy in the blue shirt next to me is Hermano Luman who is hilarious, and is the member who helped us the whole time, because we always met in his house and he is good friends with Santos. The other guy on the left is this Evangelical dude that is friends with them both that just came to watch. Apparently he loved the service, and could be interested :)


Secondly, we yesterday committed Javier to a baptismal date on the 26th of December if he gets an answer to his prayers. So please say a few prayers for him and that would be awesome if he got baptized too. He is an amazing investigator that just wants to learn and to do what’s right. 

Third, we celebrated Thanksgiving last night by making pizzas in our apartment and they were actually not too bad. We made three kind of meat lovers pizzas and one dessert pizza. The dessert pizza has something called Manjar for sauce (It’s like caramel stuff), and Oand coconut for the topping. Probably not super healthy, but whatever.


P-day Eve pizza party

Last, yesterday was the last day of the transfer and really not a whole lot changed for me. I have the same companion in the same place, living with the same people. That’s both good and bad. I want to have as many experiences as I can with different people, but at the same time we are working well together and I am familiar with the sector. The sector is tough but we are making progress. My companion was also called as district leader so that will be interesting.

Miss you all and love you all. Sorry if my English is bad, it’s hard to switch from Spanish. Not fluent yet but let’s keep hoping.

Love

Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment