My experiences sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Concepcion Chile from September 2015 through September 2017

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Chillan

Hey everyone how are you doing? Im doing well in the new sector except that it is ridiculously hot here. I have no clue exactly how hot though because they use Celcius here and I dont get it at all. It feels like its like 95 at mid day though. The sector is good though and its huge. There is another kind of small, unanimated ward though here so there is definitely work to be done. My companion is a good dude named Elder Calle from Peru. He doesnt speak english at all but that hasnt been a problem, my spanish is doing really well actually. We get along well but he is a really quiet kid so we dont do a ton of talking haha.

Not a ton happened this week though because we have just been visiting a lot of members and been trying to get to know the sector. Yesterday was about the only day that anything exciting happened. I gave a talk in Church. Yes, all in Spanish and it went pretty well. The Spanish isnt a super big problem for me. I just have to get it perfect now. But yesterday we had extra time before an appointment so we went to look for a person that we contacted. The guy gave us a fake address we think but when we got down there we knocked on a door to ask if they knew the guy. We found two ladies that are about 55 and they let us in for a lesson. Now we have to new investigators which was sweet. Im grateful for the prompting of the spirit that I got to go visit that one guy. And Actually I am thankful that he gave us a fake address. The lord works in mysterious ways.

We also contacted a drunk guy who has just about every problem in the world and were talking with him for an hour. Basically talking him out of suicide. He kept on saying that he wanted to kill himself throughout the contact. I am sure that we can help him if he will just listen to us and let us help him. That was a cool experience. Thats about it though for this week. Love you all and hope you have a good week.

Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment