My experiences sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Concepcion Chile from September 2015 through September 2017

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2016! I wont actually see any of you face to face this whole year so I hope its a good one for you guys. For our new year we got to eat dinner with a family again. We went to the house of a member and ate with them. The best part of the night was that when we went into their house, the tv was on ESPN and they were watching the Clemson v. Oklahoma game. It was a huge blessing to be able to watch a little bit of that game too. I found out that American Football is super hard to explain in Spanish.

But on Saturday Varinia got baptized by her dad. It was awesome to see that happen and now they are literally my favorite family here. The mom of the family enjoyed it too and I am sure that she is going to get baptized at some point throughout her life. That would be so cool. She goes to church with her family every Sunday and she really doesnt give us good excuses for why she doesn´t want to get abptized so its just a matter of time really. At least now she kind of participates in the lessons that we have and she actually says amen at the end of the prayers which is a change. She is now our main focus. Yesterday we confirmed her and I also got to participate in a baby blessing which was a first. A random member called me up to help which was a suprise but it was good.

Last, this morning we went to Talcahuano just to explore and stuff and in the harbor we found sea lions just laying on this cement thing which was cool. They are huge. Two of them were fighting the entire time and that was pretty fun to watch. Talcahuano is a cool area. That's all that I can think of though so I hope you have a good week. Next week are cambios so I will let you know my situation next week. I am pretty sure that I will at least be with a different companion. He has 6 months in this sector which usually means that he will get transferred but not always. I want to change, not because I don't like him but more because its always more exciting when things are changing.

Love Elder Parker
Varinia and her Mom and Dad









No comments:

Post a Comment