My experiences sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Concepcion Chile from September 2015 through September 2017

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

weekly email

Nothing too exciting this week happened. The Lord has been testing our patience and that has really been something hard for me. We were able to find a few more people this week though, some of them people that I taught my first time in this sector. Its kind of interesting because some of those people have the exact same problems as they did a year ago. It makes me want to tell them straight up that the problem is going to be there the next year unless they decide to accept this message. I cant say that though because they still don't understand. The area is still really hard and dead but we are going to resucitate it one of these days. We have one investigator named Joselin who went to church this past week and has a baptismal date but she is kind of an Eternal investigator so I cant get my hopes up too high. Yeah it has really been good for me though to return here. I know that there is some purpose behind it and I cant wait to go out and find what it is.

Elder Alvarez is great. He is from Colombia but he looks like he's from the US too because he is super white. Everyone thinks he speaks English haha. But no I am the Senior companion still and district leader. Its nice though because I have someone who doesn't need to be dragged around so I don't have to worry as much now. He also helps me a lot because I get frustrated pretty easily and he is always pretty light and cheery. It helps a lot and I'm trying to work on being more patient still.
 It should be a good, interesting week this week though because this weekend is the Chilean Independence days. That means lots of drunk people and makes it a pretty fun day of contacts.I was in the MTC the first time it happened so I don't really know how it will be. Everyone says its pretty fun though and that everyone is happier because they are always eating good food this week. Should be fun though.

More than that though. I am doing well and just complete a year in the mission. It scares me to think that other people say it goes by even faster the second year. It doesnt seem possible. But hope you all have a good week. Remember to trust in the Lord and everything will be alright in the end.

Elder Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment