My experiences sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Concepcion Chile from September 2015 through September 2017

Monday, March 27, 2017

Andalien

So this first week was pretty nuts. I basically didn't work in my sector for like 3 days straight right at the beginning of the week because we had a Zone conference right away, a training for some of the missionaries and after the mission council. So that was pretty crazy. At the end of all of that I was super sick of sitting down and wanted to do anything else. But yeah this sector is super awesome. Its actually super close to my old sector kind of. Like 15 minutes in busHonestly I feel kind of useless because this ward works super well and I don't feel like it would fall apart without us. This is one of the biggest wards in the mission with like 150 people every week as an average and everything here like works.It's kind of nice. I'm with Elder Baquerizo from Ecuador. Hes just really relaxed and laid back with everything, but he does his job really well. I feel like I'm going to be able to learn a lot from him. my companion is kind of new to the area though. He has one cambio there so we are kind of getting to know the people and the sector at the same time haha. We should have a super good cambio as well.He is going to complete a year in the mission this week too so I think that we are going to have to find a way to celebrate. I already feel like I have learned a ton about organization and planning and managing people in just this one week that I have been Zone leader. Its super fun.  There are 18 other missionaries in the zone.We have 10 companionships in the zone and like half are sisters actually haha so it should be fun. Something interesting though is that we have like sister assistants to the president and the assistants of the president in our zone and they are just ridiculously good so we don't have to worry too much about them.
We have a few people here that are good investigators. We have a few people with the potential to be baptized so that is going to be awesome. One of them is Juan. Hes super smart and knows the bible super well but he likes the church a ton and has gone twice now. We are going to try and put him with a baptismal date this week. Other ones are Monica and Sebastian that were baptized actually but never confirmed so they have to do it again. Its kind of an awkward subject to bring up so we are looking for the right moment to break the news to them.
But yeah things are super great here. Hope you all have a good week!

Elder Parker



 The new zone leaders


 The Andalien zone
 Leadership Council








No comments:

Post a Comment