My experiences sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Concepcion Chile from September 2015 through September 2017

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Surfing the Earthquake

September 22, 2015

This week was pretty dang awesome. We got to go to the temple here which was really small but super spiritual. There have been some pretty awesome experiences here in the MTC and I like it a lot more than I did to start out to be honest. My teachers are all super cool and the days are going by a lot faster now, so I think the time is going to start to fly by a lot quicker now. Last week went super fast. The Spanish is still a struggle but its coming. Ive got a cold right now so that is kind of annoying. The food is also a lot better than it was that first week which is a real bonus.  

Also we have had earthquakes like every day and night at least once or twice since the big one up around Viña del Mar which was an 8.3. Here it was only about a 6 but it was still super fun to be in one. My district decided to stand up and surf the earthquake when the first one happened instead of get under desks or whatever they teach you to do in school. It was only after it was over that we realized how stupid we were for doing that haha. Now its no big deal when they hit to us. I have only felt about four of them because i was actually sleeping through the other ones because they all hit at night. Last night was the only one that I woke up for. Its kind of fun to be on the fourth floor of the building when one hits because everything just shakes a lot but not enough to evacuate or be scared. The Chilean people here dont even pay attention to them until they get up around 6.5 because the buildings here are built so well. So that was actually really fun.

Im doing really well and liking it more and more every day. The spirit here is really strong and I can tell that this is going to be a really good thing for me to have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment